We are happy to report that the latest issue of the ASA Bulletin is now available and includes the following articles and cases:
Felix DASSER, Of Lighthouses and Rocks
In his first message as ASA President, Felix DASSER points out the challenges and opportunities ASA faces during his term and sets priorities.
Catherine A. KUNZ, Revision of Arbitral Awards in Switzerland: An Extraordinary Tool or Simply a Popular Chimera? A Review of Decisions Rendered by the Swiss Supreme Court on Revision Requests over the Period 2009-2019
Catherine A. Kunz presents an overview of the decisions rendered by the Swiss Federal Supreme Court on revision requests over the period 2009-2019.
Bernhard BERGER, Die Schweiz als Schiedsort für Investitionsstreitigkeiten – Erkenntnisse aus der neueren Rechtsprechung des Bundesgerichts – Teil I
Bernhard BERGER explores the case law of the Swiss Federal Supreme Court on the setting aside of investment treaty awards, with a particular focus on the limited grounds of annulment available.
Marco Stacher, Jurisdiction and Admissibility under Swiss Arbitration Law – the Relevance of the Distinction and a New Hope
Marco STACHER critically assesses the case law of the Swiss Federal Supreme Court as to whether it properly draws the line between jurisdictional and non-jurisdictional issues.
Hans-Ueli VOGT, Patrick SCHMIDT, Schiedsklauseln in Vereinsstatuten. Bemerkungen zum Bundesgerichtsurteil 5A_1027/2018 vom 22. Juli 2019 und zur Revision des 12. Kapitels des IPRG und des Aktienrechts – Teil I
This article addresses the validity and binding effect of arbitration clauses contained in the articles of an association or a stock corporation by reference to the decision of the Swiss Federal Supreme Court of 22 July 2019 (5A_1027/2018).
DECISIONS OF THE SWISS FEDERAL SUPREME COURT
- 4A_662/2018 of 14 May 2019 [Revision – Authenticity of evidence disputed]
- 4A_506/2017 of 3 October 2017 [Revision – Date of discovery of ground]
- 4A_412/2016 of 21 November 2016 [Revision – New evidence of corruption]
- 4A_645/2014 of 20 February 2015 [Revision – New facts not material]
- 4A_247/2014 of 23 September 2014 [Revision – Facts occurring between signature and notification of award – Corruption allegations]
- 4A_231/2014 of 23 September 2014 [Corruption allegations – Risk of non-compliance with FCPA and UK Bribery Act – Public policy]
- 4A_688/2012/4A_126/2013 of 9 October 2013 [Revision – Standing – New facts]
- 4A_666/2012 of 3 June 2013 [Revision of award refused – Dies a quo of 90-day time limit for revision request – Addendum to award – New evidence corroborating existing evidence – Procedural fraud]
- 4A_750/2011 of 21 August 2012 [Revision – New facts not material to outcome]
- 4A_570/2011 of 23 July 2012 [Revision – New facts not material]
- 4A_212/2010 of 10 February 2011 [Revision – New facts were foreseeable]
- 4A_284/2009 of 24 November 2009 [Requests for set aside and revision]
- 4F_16/2018 of 31 August 2018 [Request for revision of Supreme Court decision on request to set aside arbitral award – Composition of Supreme Court (single judge)]
- 4F_8/2013 of 10 December 2013 [Request for revision of Supreme Court decision on request to set aside arbitral award – No inadvertent omission]
- 4A_413/2019 of 28 October 2019 [Conflict of counsel – Late filing of appeal to CAS – Issues of admissibility, not jurisdiction]
- 4A_287/2019 of 6 January 2020 [Late commencement of arbitration (appeal to CAS) – Issues of admissibility, not jurisdiction – No repetition of procedural acts after replacement of a challenged arbitrator]
- 5A_1027/2018 of 22 July 2019 [Arbitration clause in by-laws of an association – Subject-matter scope]
To make sure you do not miss out on regular updates from the Kluwer Arbitration Blog, please subscribe here. To submit a proposal for a blog post, please consult our Editorial Guidelines.
Profile Navigator and Relationship Indicator
Includes 7,300+ profiles of arbitrators, expert witnesses, counsels & 13,500+ relationships to uncover potential conflicts of interest.
Learn how Kluwer Arbitration can support you.